Materials and Preparation:
- Whiteboard/Chalboard and writing materials
- Four circles on board labelled with number classifications:
Natural, Whole, Integer, Rational
- Random Numbers to draw
- Students are broken up into two teams.
- Each team sends
up a runner.
- Teacher draws a number and states number
- The 2 runners then race to the board to place
an X in the correct circle.
- The student who places
their X in the correct spot wins a point for their
1 point for the team whose runner gets the first correct
Teacher draws "-54". Students race to board and place
an X in the "Integer" circle. First student to finish
X receives point for team.
Comments or Variations:
Continue rotating runners so that all students have
a chance to race. Teams may or may not tell the runner
where to put the X. (That's up to the teacher. Try it
You may choose how many different
classifications to have depending on student knowledge.
Try using this game in other subject areas. English,
for example - Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb, Pronoun.