Team Board Races! (all grades)
Goshen High School
Review of difficult math problems
Materials and Preparation:
- Math problems with answers (for the teacher)
- Chalkboard/Dry erase board
- Chalk/Dry erase markers
groups of 2 or 3
- Put the class in to teams of 2-3 and have everyone
go to the board at the same time. (If the class is too
large, you could use marker boards.)
- Have them put their names at the top of the board.
- The first person on the list for each team takes
- Teacher calls out the problem.
- The student with the chalk is the ONLY one allowed
to write, but the other teammates can help.
- After each round, the chalk is passed to the next
teammate on the list.
If I have 4 goups playing, then I give +4 for the 1st
team done correctly, +3 for the next team, etc...
Comments or Variations:
This game works best when the math problems are rather
difficult to solve. It forces them to really work together.