Football Review (all grades)
Review: any concept area
Materials and Preparation:
coin, football field drawn on the board or overhead,
marker for the football, pencil/paper or marker/white
board to record score
classroom divided into two teams
- Flip a coin to see which team receives the ball first.
Let the team decide which side of the field they want.
- Each team member will be asked a question. If the
team member answers the question correctly, 10 yards
are awarded to that team. Move the football accordingly.
- A FUMBLE occurs if the player gives the wrong answer.
It becomes the other teams turn, and they get the same
question that was missed.
- If a team member answers out of turn, they are considered
and INELIGIBLE RECEIVER and it becomes the other team's
turn. They get a new question.
- OFF-SIDES occurs when someone on the other team answers
when it is not their turn. The team with the ball is
awarded 10 yards and they get a new questions.
- It is time to PUNT when the ball is fumbled three
(3) consecutive times. Someone will be elected to say
PUNT, and the first person from either of the teams
to raise their hand and give the correct answer is awarded
10 yards and their team gets a new question.
- If a team gets a TOUCHDOWN that team is awarded six
(6) points. The team will have the option to receive
the additional point by answering another question.
- It now becomes the other team's turn.
- The team with the most points at the end of the allotted
When a team scores a TOUCHDOWN they receive 6 points.
An additional point is received if they answer an additional
Comments or Variations:
This isn't my game. I was substituting in a fifth grade
class and the football rules and regulations were on the
teacher's desk. I thought it was a cute way to review
so I copied it by hand in my off period. I came home and
created a cute typed up copy and laminated it, so I would
have it for my own classroom.