Caboose (Grades 4-9)
To encourage vocabulary enrichment in a specific subject
area while emphasizing spelling
Materials and Preparation:
Two or more Teams
- The first student says a word in a particular category.
i.e., The category is animals. The word is dog.
- The first student on the second team must give a noun
beginning with the last letter of the previous word
(dog). i.e. goose
- Points are given for each correct word
- Think up words that have last letters that are difficult
- Words may not be used again.
- The team with the most points wins.
Comments or Variations:
This game is great for science, foreign language and
history vocabulary development.